From developing a novel prescription drug to creating renewable energy, great inventions have the potential to effect transformational change in all areas of our lives.
A patent protects technically innovative features of new products or processes. You should consider registering your invention if you feel that your invention is something that your competitors would wish to copy if they were able to. A patent also strengthens your corporate image, since companies that invest in product research and development are seen as the most innovative and competitive in their field.
With our technical understanding of your invention, we can provide valuable insights in developing a robust patent strategy to support your business development.
For more information on patents law, please refer to our Patent FAQs
Our technical expertise includes: -
- Molecular biology
- Analytical instrumentations
Our services include:
- Patent drafting
- Prior art (Patentability / Novelty) searches and market investigations
- Freedom to Operate searches
- General advice regarding patent filing strategies
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting Malaysian and/or international patent application
- Facilitating the registration of patent in other jurisdictions
- Patent watches to identify competitors’ application and registration
- Managing maintenance and renewal of granted patent
- Advising on infringement and invalidation of granted patent
- Negotiating amicable settlement and drafting co-existence agreement
- Negotiating and drafting license and/or assignment agreement
- Conducting patent due diligence and portfolio management
- Patent valuation