More often than not, what a product looks like is more important than how it functions. Not only can the appearance of a product cause a consumer to select your product over those of your competitors, but it can become a defining part of your brand’s identity. As a result, many companies like you spend a tremendous amount of money, creating the right look or distinctive packaging for their products. Industrial design is the Intellectual Property rights that exist to protect that investment and forbid others from using your unique designs.
If you have a product that attracts customers because of its look, you should consider registering the design.
For more information on industrial designs law, please refer to our Industrial Design FAQs.
Our services include:
- Advising on your choice of industrial design and its registrability
- Industrial design searches and market investigations
- General advice regarding industrial design filing strategies
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting Malaysian industrial design application
- Facilitating the registration of industrial design in other jurisdictions
- Industrial design watches to identify competitors’ application and registration
- Managing maintenance and extension of industrial design registration
- Advising on infringement and invalidation of industrial design registration
- Negotiating amicable settlement and drafting co-existence agreement
- Negotiating and drafting license and/or assignment agreement
- Conducting industrial design due diligence and portfolio management
- Industrial design valuation